Friday, April 16, 2010

Microsoft Backup for Windows Vista or Second Copy backup software?

Is there any advantage to running a program like Second Copy instead of Microsoft Backup for Vista? Second Copy is a exact copy while Microsoft separates into many folders. I already have a license for second copy, but I'm not sure if it is an advantage to use it. It looks cleaner, but maybe Microsoft is doing a better job of copying the files I need.

Microsoft Backup for Windows Vista or Second Copy backup software?
The backup software within Vista is surprisingly good, much better than in previous versions of Windows. It can back up only selected files, like documents and stuff, which is what I believe you're talking about, but it can also do an image-based backup as well, like second copy does, which can fully restore a hard drive, including operating system. I don't know much about second copy, but if I were you, I'd play around with both, and just see what you're more comfortable with. I've used Norton Ghost and Acronis True Image for a long time, but I've been messing around with Vista's backup, and I really like it so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment