Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Microsoft Office Document Image Writer?

My question was "I need instructions on how to add "microsoft office document image writer", I don't know how to find the driver and then after i install it, how do I make it show up in the printers folder?"





I got an answer that worked until step 8 because the computer doesn't have a Microsoft Document imaging writer port.





For a little more history, I bought the PC about a month ago and replaced the OS with Microsoft XP Small Business, but I think the driver and or port didn't get put back on. Sound right? Is there anything I can do?

Microsoft Office Document Image Writer?
OK - you'll first need to make clear which version of Office you are using (2003 or the 2007 beta). If you are using the 2003, you may need to download and install the upgrade patch. If using the 2007 beta, it should install automatically...I know I didn't have to do anything special to get the Image Writer myself - it simply appeared after installing MS Office.





My suggestion would be, if you do not have the virtual device showing, try doing a "repair install" of office, and make sure you have all the "office tools" selected. That should restore it for you...





*edit*





Just had a look on the MS Office site, and definitely should install automatically with any version of Office which has the Document Imaging bundled in, so long as this tool was selected during install. So the repair install sounds the way to go


No comments:

Post a Comment