Friday, April 16, 2010

Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer and Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter?

my sound system doesn't work please help................


Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter


and


Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer

Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer and Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter?
Frustration City. I have tried a "system restore" and a full uninstall/install of XP SP2. Still no sound but the CMOS beep. Nothing on MSDN to help. Beyond a complete format and reinstall, involving reinstall of all my apps (on a 80 GB HDD), I don't know what to do. There are three files involved: kmixer.sys and wdmaudio.inf and dmusic. Twoof the tress come up with a Search,,,but no wdmaudio. I wonder what that is all about and how to fix this mess. Any help will be appreciated.
Reply:Hi, I had a similar problem. Got it fixed by doing a system restore... infact, just 10 min back.





I have dual boot system with XP and Suse 10.3 linux. The problem started after I installed some multimedia %26amp; flash software in my Suse 10.3 OS. Once I came back to XP, although my sound card was working fine, songs were not being played. These two (Microsoft kernel wave audio mixer and Microsoft kernel audio splitter) showed up as plug-and-play devices under device manager -%26gt; sound, video and game controllers.


Once I did system restore, the sound has been restored and these two have disappeared from the device manager.


Hope it will work for you as well.





good luck

shoe polish

No comments:

Post a Comment