Thursday, November 19, 2009

How do I change from Open Office to Microsoft Office?

I really really like Microsoft Office. However, when I got Windows Vista, it didn't have Microsoft Office 7, which I really wanted. So, I downloaded OpenOffice. OpenOffice looks really similar and can read Microsoft Office documents, but does not have as many options and such. OpenOffice is nothing bad, in fact, it's good because it's free, and is very similar to the older verions of Microsoft Office. Now, I'm going to start begging my parents to get me Microsoft Office 07. I don't care if I have to pay. Even though, my question is: Right now I set that whenever I download a Microsoft Office file, it opens it with OpenOffice. But if I do get Microsoft Office, I want to abandon OpenOffice and use Microsoft Office when opening one of its own files. The question in, how do I change and set it to open downloaded files as a Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.?

How do I change from Open Office to Microsoft Office?
you would just change the default program for opening word documents, excel spreadsheets, etc with microsoft office. you should be able to change this in the default programs section. I can't remember where it is in Vista but do a search for it.
Reply:Just install the new MS Office. It'll take over. Don't worry about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment