Monday, November 16, 2009

Microsoft Works missing, Can I get it back? I don't even know if this is hardware or software?!?

Can anyone help? I have Windows XP Home Edition, Version 5.1 with Service Pack 1 (copywrite 1981-2001) Microsoft Corp. I was using Microsoft Works a LOT. Yesterday it froze, I rebooted, and poof! Mocrosoft Works was there, the pages with the menu titles, but NO MENU details anywhere. Basically, the page was blank. On add or remove programs I clicked Microsoft Works and it asked if I wanted it repaired. Clicked that and got an error. Asked if I wanted to delete it, so I did. I used Start and Run to install C:\bundle\Works\works6.msi. It DOES install until the very last part of the install. Then I get the following: Error 1309 Error reading from file: C:\bundle\Works\PFiles\MSWorks\wkgdcach.... Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. I went to Search and only file I have is the install file. What can I do? I don't really want to restore, takes days with updates, etc. Any help appreciated. I'm not "puter" savy (sp) so please try to keep it simple. THANX

Microsoft Works missing, Can I get it back? I don't even know if this is hardware or software?!?
IT IS A SOFTWARE AND CHEAPLY AVAILABLE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL - YOU CAN GET IT AT A COMPUTER STORE FOR 9.99 OR TRY EBAY - IT IS A GREAT PROGRAMME AND TO LIVE WITHOUT IT WHEN ARE USED TO THIS IS QUITE UNTHINKABLE. HOPE THIS HELPS
Reply:You should have your Windows Installation Disc - launch it. Or you may be able to get help at www.microsoft.com.





Good Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment