Monday, November 16, 2009

Non Genuine Microsoft Product Installed Acer Direct (Laptops Direct)?

I was sold an Acer Aspire 5920 machine by Laptops Direct and asked for them to put Office Small Business 2007 OEM version on the machine. When I found out I couldn't download a Microsoft Word template because I had a Non-Genuine product, I got a little concerned. Every application (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) displays "non-commercial use", which according to Microsoft:





In the Microsoft Software License Terms, the "non-commercial use" text identifies the use of the product. You may install one licensed copy of the software on three devices in your household. The software is not licensed for any commercial business activities, nonprofit business activities, or revenue-generating business activities.





Microsoft themselves told me that the Product Id for the version of Microsoft Office on my machine is a retail one and doesn't match the product key. The company does not answer my emails and I can't get any sense out of their customer support "team".





What should I do?

Non Genuine Microsoft Product Installed Acer Direct (Laptops Direct)?
Report the company to http://www.bsa.org
Reply:Did the company charge you for the install? If so you can easily force them into making the matter right. If nothing else the credit card avenue is a solution. That is you call the card company and drop the matter in their lap. The customer has a lot of power, use it!


No comments:

Post a Comment