Thursday, November 19, 2009

Microsoft has added a new certification, MCPD. Is it worth it?

I am an MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer) in .NET with 10 years programming experience. However my experience in .NET is still light. Mostly I've done VB 6. I am a contract programmer and usually I have to look for a new job about every 6 months. I'm making $45 per hour W-2 right now.





Microsoft has added a new certification, MCPD, Microsoft Certified Professional Developer. I think they did this because their certification program wasn't already confusing enough. If I upgrade to MCPD, which I can do with two tests, will it help me make much more money? Is it worth it?

Microsoft has added a new certification, MCPD. Is it worth it?
Well, it really depends on your sitution. The only way I can see it help with your Career is that your job requries it, and will pay more if you have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment