Thursday, November 19, 2009

Microsoft DirectX SDK?

I had to redo my pc, I installed Windows XP and then VS.NET, and then the DirectX SDK - now all the progs I made that worked before giv e me errors like





X:\Coding\NuProjects\overhead 2\Ref\D3DFont.vb(41): Type 'TextureState' is not defined.





X:\Coding\NuProjects\overhead 2\Ref\D3DFont.vb(43): Type 'Sampler' is not defined.





X:\Coding\NuProjects\overhead 2\Ref\D3DFont.vb(176): Value of type 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.RenderStateM... cannot be converted to 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.RenderStates...








X:\Coding\NuProjects\overhead 2\Ref\D3DFont.vb(275): 'ZBufferEnable' is not a member of 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.RenderStates...





this makes no sense! 2 hours ago these things did work - I tried adding the direct X refs again to n avail - if any programmers have a sugestion please help!!!

Microsoft DirectX SDK?
I don't program in Visual Basic, but it seems that VB cannot find the DirectX library files. That's why you get 'not defined' errors.





You said you had to 'redo' your computer. What did you do? Did you move VB or the SDK installation to some other drive or folder?


I don't know much about VB, but maybe you can check VB's settings and make sure that it knows the proper folders for the DirectX libraries.


I think the SDK has an option of automatically setting the folder locations for VB and Microsoft C++ when you install the SDK. Maybe the installer screwed up and you have to set the locations manually.
Reply:SDK is the developer version. You installed the wrong version my friend. Just uninstall it and install this end-user one:





http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...


No comments:

Post a Comment